This plant is one of the selected #GivingBack items. #GivingBack is a donation campaign that we work with The Nature Conservancy (TNC). When you purchase any of the #GivingBack items from Flora Houses' online shop, we will turn 10% of what you paid to TNC. The proceeds will be used to support their local and Asia-Pacific conservation work. Please visit our campaign page for more details.
Zanzibar Gem is an easily grown houseplant that can withstand dry air. The thick fleshy leaves, especially at the base, store lots of moisture. They act as water reservoir during periods of drought.
Suitable Environment :
• Avoid excessive sunlight
• Indoor lighting
• Water when soil surface is dry
• Water slowly and evenly onto soil surface
• Water every 8-10 days, adjust the amount of water depending on weather and moisture of soil
• Cut the leaf with stem when the whole leaf turns yellow
• Cut the yellowish part when part of the leaf turns yellow
• Absorb formaldehyde and benzene
• Plants are living creatures. Please accept and appreciate the variation in color and shape.
• Plant products take 1-2 months to adapt to a new environment, yellowing leaf may happen at the first month.